Annie needed some photos for work, some plain portraits. I suggested John be in some too - I mean when do people ever get professional photographs of just themselves, apart from thier weddings?? Older folks should do it more often, if not for them...for the children! Think of the children!!They are the parents of a very good friend of mine, Gemzy. I have many a funny story to tell about Annie and John.
Like the time us goils were going to a party and got busted with a carton of Sub Zero's out the front of their place by the police, who confiscated the grog. The first thing John said was "Why the bloody hell didn't you just bring it inside?" I think we were 15.
Or the time we went Camping at Woods Point (Oh Camp Kanangra!!) and even though we were at least 300m away we could still hear Annie cacking herself well into the night.
Or letting us pour our own beers at Gemma's brothers 21st parties, which I might say were *the* best fun. We had two from the keg and were tanked!
Letting us write all over Gemma's walls with messages about Madonna and boys.
John cooking Chilli Spaghetti and me drooling until I could stay for dinner. I still make it once in a while, but it's never as good as Father Cormacks'!
Parties at Bardo Rd, Newport were the BEST.
John giving my husband a job when we were living in Sydney and were so broke from a bad decision to work for friends. Stopping work at around 3pm everyday and heading to Newport Arms for a few beers. I think it kept The Husband sane really!
All in all, great people with massive hearts and I was more than happy to capture a few snaps of them being their happy selves.



And I even have a story about the dog, Bundy (or Bundles). I got given a camera that was pretty fancy in those days. When Bundy was a puppy I set up a really old pram of Annies and put him in it with some flowers and took some snapshots. I still have the photos!! My very first real shoot was with this very dawg. I think I was about 14 or 15...and even had the bug then!
No comments:
Post a Comment